Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tomorrow is Friday already?

This week is truly flying by. I have worked the last two days in my classroom for a total of 8 hours. Now this doesn't sound so bad, but I have been running from store to store totaling another 6 hours or so. Plus sitting in my own living room cutting and cutting and cutting laminated things for at least 3 hours at night. It is so worth the time because my room is finally coming together. Here are a few updated pictures since my last post. 

This is my word wall. I am actually pleased with it, I will be working on my words in the next few days. The large empty space to the left is for our Journey's Focus Wall poster.  


This is just another angle of the word wall with some added posters. The book shelf is going to have "Featured Readings" on it. I thought this would be a great way to pull books that we have read as a class and place there. More like familiar reads. 


Calendar time is a must at this age. This will be a new experience for me. Calendars just existed in the fourth grade. :) We will also have a chance to discuss money, place value, and time. I am still lacking a clock to post, thus the open square of space. 
Thanks to Mrs. Hambleton I have a place value chart! They are out of these everywhere in this town and the company's they order from are out as well. :(


This is where my "Student Friendly Objectives" will be posted every day! 


I can not decide if I like this huge rug in my room, give me your thoughts... I may try it out the first few days and see how I like it! 


Desks are spread out for the first day of school. Miss Hampton means business! :)


Moved my computers a little bit. Also I am so thankful for the printer in my room, now if we can get it hooked up to my computer! Pencil sharpener is between printer and computer. The pencil sharpener is used before and after school only. A little technique I picked up from last year. 


Labels I have been working on to go around the room.


I am proud of my little project I did last night! This is just a little reminder board for myself. It is just above my desk. I would love to make more of these if anyone is interested. 


I made this last year before school started! Need to get one more year of use out of it before I become Mrs. Reeves. This is right outside my door in the hallway. 


Cutesy hall passes, had these last year too. Do not know if we will even use them but I hate not putting them out because I think they are precious!  

Well I feel as if I am actually accomplishing things this week. Guess now is the time since I will have students and parents in my classroom a week from today for Meet the Teacher night. I am so ready to meet my little babies. I say babies because my students last year were big 4th graders. I actually had a student that was taller than me and I am no shorty at 5 ft. 8 in. 

Can't wait for tomorrow I get to eat with all the new staff. On the Border will be catering. :)

Miss Hampton


1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous that you have your rug already-- ours are being cleaned. It's difficult for me to arrange my "calendar/morning meeting" space without the darn thing! I love your boards. You're so creative and picked paper, border and letters that coordinate really well! I can't believe next Thursday is so close! We're going to have a wonderful first year, I just know it! I love that you have the desks separated so the kiddos know you "mean business". haha. It all looks wonderful, Ms. Hampton!!!

    xo,
    Mrs. May.

    ReplyDelete