Wednesday, August 24, 2011

EXHAUSTED!

Well I will continue to say that I just love that 1st graders love you... In our journal time today I had them write at least one sentence. Several of them wrote I love my teacher. :) I even had one say that Miss Hampton is my best friend. I know they always say don't be best friends with you students. HAHA. I think a lot of them wrote that because my name was on the board. :) In the end this is what makes me love my job. 

I do have a lot of learning to do. This is so different from what I taught last year. So very different, but I am willing to take on challenges. Maybe once I actually have my teacher resources for my curriculum. When I do not have everything I need I do tend to get a little freaked. I have been a basket case not having these materials. I pray every night that it will magically show up at my door. Hopefully it will get here soon. I have to make what I have work. :)

Kids say the silliest things, I have heard... "Can I go into the school house and get my jacket" mind you it is 100 degrees outside. Also "The Spanish class took it off" referring to the bandage on her finger. There will be more and more quotes I hear. I need to start writing them down so I do not forget. We have one student who thinks she is a dinosaur at recess, she makes crazy sounds. HAHA. Also I will become a professional shoe tier by the end of the year. I am still working really hard to see how I want my materials in my room and my desks rearranged. 3 times a charm right?

If you have any ideas for my 1st grade class bring it on! :) 

Now today I forgot to set my alarm!!! OHHH NOOO!!! My mom woke me up at 6:50.. Ladies and Gentleman I like to leave my house at 6:45. But I got ready in a flash and actually made it to work by 7:20. That was a close call. Lets just say my alarm was set at 7 this morning for tomorrow morning. :) CLOSE CALL!!!!

Well after 3 days of school I am extremely worn out. Hopefully my body will get used to it. :)


Two days till the weekend. Friday night I get to go on a date night with Malachi. I am very excited about that. 


Miss Hampton

No comments:

Post a Comment