Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Four short days until my year begins..

Okay, the last three days have worn me completely out. I started my day on Monday at 6:45 a.m (this is sleeping in compared to next week) and attended training from 8-4. Honestly when you have to sit ALL day it truly wears me out. LOL! I continued cutting and sorting all kinds of things for my classroom than night. Then I began my day yesterday with an 8:30-3:30 training (another day of sitting ALL day) followed by a visit to my campus. I worked in my room until 7 o'clock. The room is still not finished!!! SIGH....I was able to glue pockets and name cards on all my desks and clean up the room a little bit. I forgot to take pictures of my desks. Today, was a pretty productive day. We had training this morning until 11:30 and the rest of the day was working in our classrooms. I finally finished my outside bulletin board. 

Each little iPod contains the student's name and has a caption bubble. We will brainstorm what we can do in the 1st grade. I will write the students thoughts on their bubble. The iPod in the center is not flat to the board. I had to have something that had dimension. 

This was the big piece I needed to complete before meet the teacher tomorrow night. I am so excited about meeting the kiddos. I am working on a little treat for them to take home tomorrow night. I will post pictures once those are completed. 
Well our team met today and outlined the first week. Rules and procedures is the name of the game. We have lots to learn in the 1st grade before we can begin. I know this is going to be a successful year. I absolutely love the people I am working with. I have also been appointed to take a higher group of students everyday during the year. We will explore all kinds of  "literacy workstations" (right ladies?) Also I will get the chance to bring writing and reflection to the next level with these students. I am so excited about my new appointed task. :) Thanks to Bobbie Nell and Lori! Today was truly my most exhausting day. It takes a lot of work  to get this show on the road. 
Well wish me luck tomorrow night! 

short and sweet..


Miss Hampton

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you, I know you will be an awesome first grade teacher, and your kids are lucky to have a teacher as sweet as you are.

    ReplyDelete