Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Slowly getting things ready...




Today I was able to work in my room. I also met with my team for the first time this summer. Exciting things happening on the first grade hall. I know I am going to love working with my fabulous team. We have finalized our schedule so one check off on the check list before school starts. I have gotten border paper and borders on all my bulletin boards inside my classroom, but they are not yet completed. Everything is a work in progress. My hope is to finish up my classroom bulletin boards by tomorrow afternoon.

Here are a few pictures:


This will be my word wall, full of high frequency words. This is something new for me. In 4th grade I did not have to keep up with a word wall. I think it will be great the classroom. More pictures to come.


The blue bullein board will contain my calendar and  few more items. I have no finalized what I will put on the black board. I finally got my alphabet hung above my whiteboard. As you can see I have yet to get my desks in the correct place and clear them off. Lots of work to do!!!

The best news of the day today is that I got mailbox for my class. My Principal already had it ordered for me, and I got to pick it up from the office! This excites me beyond belief these things are like $100 and now I do not have to my own personal money! :) Thank you Nash Elementary!

I built this all on my own, well with a little help from Evan! I definitely love having a little brother to help out.

Tomorrow will be a day of shopping for more classroom supplies, and Malachi is going to join me. I love to have a little bit of company.
Also our 1st grade team got to choose new books for our classroom with scholastic money that was left over. Getting new books for my library is so exciting. In my above pictures you can see my reading center. Almost every single book that I have is from multiple friends and family donating them to me. What a blessing! The students will love having access to so many book choices.
The days are getting closer and closer to meeting my students. I can hardly stand it!

Miss Hampton


No comments:

Post a Comment