Sunday, August 28, 2011

I am still worn out..

Well this past week has been full of new experiences and learning opportunities for me. I ended my week working till about 5:30 Friday afternoon. This is the only day I didn't work 11 and a half hours. I worked about 10 and a half. I wrapped up the week with about 56 hours at school. Hopefully I will not have many more weeks like that. The first week of school is always the hardest. You as the teacher are getting into a routine as well as these kids who have been on a summer schedule. I even have kids asking if they get nap time in 1st grade. They are just so worn out. By the end of the day at car dismissal, I have about 4 students crashed. I even had one in my class fall asleep sitting Indian style straight up as I read a book at the end of the day. These poor babies they are just worn out! I have discovered I am a teacher, nurse, and 2nd mom to these 1st graders. I must say that I love it though. This week my team and I are diving into the curriculum. I am hoping this gets us in a good daily routine. I am doing my best to find and pull ideas from everywhere. Like I said before, I wasn't sure when I would receive my teacher resources. Well It is looking like it will be around November. So I am going to make the best out of the situation. I have a great team that is willing to help with anything which is awesome. I know you don't always find people like that. I have learned that I have very caring parents. I have received about 5 e-mails and a phone call just telling me they are here to help with any thing I need them for. :) It is good that I am already building good parent-teacher relationships. This will help down the road I am sure! 


This past week I learned something real fast. Dresses are my new best friends. I have bought 3 in the last week. With this horribly hot weather, pants are miserable to wear. It is amazing how much cooler it is when you wear a  dress. Those of you who know me well know this is a big step! I never wear dresses. :) Y'all should be proud. 

I tried to finish nailing out my "minute by minute" schedule for the week, I made it through Monday! I will try and gets these finished up by tomorrow evening. My goal this week is to leave by 5 everyday if possible!! 

Can't wait to see my kiddos in the morning. I already miss them over the weekend. Although I ran into 2 of them on Friday night. Saw on at Walmart and one at Dillards. Goodness I love my job. It can be physically draining, emotionally draining, but in the end it is worth it because I hopefully made a difference in their lives. 

Bring it on week 2!!!

Miss Hampton


No comments:

Post a Comment