Friday, September 16, 2011

It has been a day or two,,,okay, maybe a week,

Well I have been non stop the last week or so. My life has yet to slow down. So many things going on in the 1st grade world as well as my other life. :) Well last week was slightly interesting or should I say a new experience for me.
I am greeted Friday morning by my principal, and she had been greeted by a mother who was freaked out about an incident and not too happy with me. Her son lead her to believe that another student shoved a crayon inside his ear. He also told her that he informed me and the other student was in trouble for the incident. Here is the kicker.. Although he had an crayon in his ear I would not allow him to go to the nurse. OH ME. Guess I like for my students to suffer. Well the story got more and more interesting with very outlandish details. Now I will give him the fact he made a comment that he couldn't hear and could he go to the restroom. (this child asks to go to the bathroom every time we sit down to begin a lesson) So I told him no, he could wait till after the lesson. Never heard him say anything else about his ear again. So just like anyone else I forgot about the comment. So I am told the crayon in his ear is yellow. We are also informed that the ER could not remove the crayon Thursday night and he would go to the ENT Doctor Friday morning. Also he could possibly have to be sedated to have it removed!!! OMG..... crazy. Well since the details of the student were a little off I decided to check his desk for his yellow crayon. What do you know.. the tip is broken off of it. Yep I bet you are thinking what I was thinking. Well I have a pretty good relationship with this child's mother so I shot her an email with my apologies as well as the information on the crayon I found. I told her it could be a complete coincidence. I feel awful about the situation all weekend.... Then bright and early Monday morning I get a reply. She was not thinking it was so much of a coincidence. She told me to give her a call about it. I did it and I worked my wonderful parental skills and she was on board with my story!! :) I have yet to discuss the issue with the student. Well Monday afternoon we are doing an activity using crayons. Well he discovers that all his crayons are missing. Yea i removed every last one of them Friday afternoon. So he comes over to my desk for a little discussion. After a few lies he finally admits he did it to himself!!! Forgot to tell you he gave the name of the person "who did it" to our principal as well as to his mother. He didn't even know the poor girl. She wasn't in my classroom. So Tuesday morning i receive a hand written letter from him apologizing for the entire situation!!!

More drama...... on the playground Monday one of my students fell off the slide. He is a little guy very fragile. He was just a crying... so I sent him to the nurse to check it out! I wouldn't want him to suffer. Well dad comes and picks him up. So Tuesday he comes to school no cast or anything. In tears from the moment he walks in the door. So several teachers at different times send him back to the nurse. Dad requests for him to go back to class he will be fine. Dad knows he loves to visit Ms. Bridgette our nurse. Well Wednesday morning he shows up smiling from ear to ear. He says "Ms. Hampton look." and puts his arm in the air. Yep it was broken! Poor little guy! He got his hand cast on Wednesday. Thursday he thought the cast was so cool. Today he is not loving the cast so much!!!!

Well our days are getting better in the classroom. I am getting into a routine of things. This week was great I was out doing TPRI testing a day and a half so my week seemed to fly by!!

Kids say the funniest things:

Student: Ms. Hampton your hair is tangly.
Me: Well it is just curly.

Me: Okay change your card to yellow, you were pretending to sleep.
Student: I just didn't want to share.
Me: That is fine just answer Ms. Hampton next time.
Student: Okay, can I change back to green now.
Me: Sorry that is not how it works.
(JOURNAL SHARE TIME)

This is one I get alot..
Me: Okay why did you have to change your card?
Student: because I am bad.
Me: You are not bad, you just make bad choices sometimes.


This week we have been learning about the Constitution so my students drew and labeled U.S. Symbols. Here are few:
Go Ole ABE. 

 
The White House and George on the left
U.S. Flag and the Liberty Bell

And a few others


Well all papers are graded.. what a way to end this crazy week. 


Miss Hampton

No comments:

Post a Comment